Brief therapy focused on lasting results
Our goal is to empower you to solve the challenges disrupting your life now. We are focused on the solution, not the problem. Because the therapy we utilize is results oriented, the majority of our clients are in treatment between 6 and 12 sessions, usually beginning with weekly therapy sessions and then progressing to every other week appointments.
How does therapy work at the Nightingale Center?
When we meet with you we don’t just sit there, listen and nod. We provide step-by-step strategies to help you feel more in control of your life.
After compassionately helping you define your personal areas of challenge, we then work with you to develop a specific practical, individualized plan. This includes:
- Up to date information and/or research about your problem.
- Focus on behavioral changes that lead to feeling better.
- New exciting skill-building techniques including better communication skills.
- Outline of your options and choices.
- Creative exploration and re-choosing of coping skills that no longer work.
- Referrals to self-help resources, such as books, tapes and groups to help you realize your dreams.
- Homework assignments between sessions to expedite results.
- Our dedication to confidentiality and your privacy.
- Psychological testing and evaluation when required.
- Enthusiastic support and encouragement as you put your plan into action!
At the Nightingale Center it is important that our clients feel heard and respected. We believe that everyone does the best he or she is able to do, based on what he or she sees as available to them at the time.
At The Nightingale Center we specialize in treating:
To schedule an appointment or order an information packet please call 714-993-5343.
We do not provide immediate crisis intervention at this web site. If you are experiencing a life-threatening crisis please call 911 or go to your local emergency room for treatment and intervention.
At the Nightingale Center we know that feeling out of control, ineffective, isolated, frustrated or even angry is common during major life stress.
Many stresses may occur unexpectedly, such as:
- The ending (or potential ending) of a relationship.
- Children acting out
- Sibling rivalry
- Discovery of an addiction or affair
- Memories of childhood trauma
- Midlife reassessment
- Job loss/Salary decrease
- Job burn-out
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Complicated delivery
Some stresses are expected but stressful:
- New marriage
- Career/school changes
- Step children
- A birth
- An adoption
- A move
- A new job
We understand that difficulty in adjusting to any one of these changes may be painful and stressful to you and those you love.
Most of life’s obstacles can be resolved on your own, or with the help of friends and family. But, there are times when your regular resources seem inadequate. A qualified, experienced professional can offer a special kind of help.
At the Nightingale Center, we are experienced at helping you overcome the symptoms that can arise from these stresses, such as:
- Depression/Withdrawal from activities
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Changes in sleeping or eating patterns
- Outbursts of anger and frustration
- Self-medicating with alcohol/drugs/sex/food/shopping/gambling
- Relationship problems
- Feeling out of control
- A deep sense of dissatisfaction with life
- Not attaining the goals you set for yourself
- Conflict avoidance
- Poor concentration/memory impairment
You do not have to face life’s challenges alone. Call us today and schedule your appointment, 714-993-5343